25 Affordable Housing Twitter Accounts You Should Follow
Thought Leaders in Affordable Housing
We’re in the midst of a housing crisis that has only been amplified by the pandemic. Policy groups and developers alike are being tasked with addressing the overwhelming need for safe, quality affordable housing.
More than half of new projects launched on coUrbanize over the past 6 months have included an affordable housing component. With the heightened awareness of and the growing need for affordable housing in our communities, we’re sharing a list of some of our favorite thought leaders in the space.
- Matthew Desmond (@just_shelter) Author of Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City
- Citizens’ Housing & Planning Association (@CHAPAdotorg) Encouraging the production and preservation of housing that is affordable to low-income families and individuals.
- Ahmad Abu-Khalaf (@Ahmad_AbuKhalaf) Senior Research Analyst at Enterprise Community Partners
- Dan Emmanuel (@Dan_Emmanue1) Senior Research Analyst at National Low Income Housing Coalition
- Conor Dougherty (@ConorDougherty) Author of Golden Gates: Fighting for Housing in America
- Jenny Schuetz (@jenny_schuetz) Fellow at the Metropolitan Policy Program at Brookings
- Preservation of Affordable Housing (@POAHCommunities) A national nonprofit whose mission is to preserve, create, and sustain affordable, healthy homes.
- Alexandria Lafci (@laughsee) Co-Founder of New Story Charity
- Alissa Walker (@awalkerinLA) Urbanism editor at Curbed.
- City Life / Vida Urbana (@CityLife_Clvu) Community organization promoting tenant rights and preventing housing displacement.
- Joy Moses (@Alliance_JoyJoy) Director of the Homeless Research Institute at the National Alliance to End Homelessness
- Abigail Santos (@AbiWronkowski) Affordable housing and community development advocate.
- National Low Income Housing Coalition (@NLIHC) Dedicated to achieving public policy that ensures people with the lowest incomes in the US have affordable homes.
- Ryan Hickey (@ryanryan_hi) Housing organizer in NYC.
- RuthAnne Visnauskas (@rvisnauskas) Commissioner, New York State Homes and Community Renewal
- Vicki Been (@VickiBeen) Deputy Mayor of Housing and Economic Development for New York City
- Elayne Weiss (@elaynebw) Affordable housing enthusiast.
- Tech 4 Housing (@tech4housing) Organizing the tech community to advocate for affordable, sustainable and equitable cities.
- Housing Advisory Group (@HousingAdvGroup) National advocacy group for affordable housing.
- Jimmy Gastner (@JimmyGastner) Community Engagement Associate at the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- California YIMBY (@cayimby) An advocacy organization working to pass legislation to end CA’s housing shortage by empowering and growing the YIMBY movement.
- Terry Taplin (@TaplinTerry) For Fair Housing, Green Transportation, Climate Resilience, & a just economic recovery.
- DSA Housing Justice Commission (@dsa_housing) Fighting to organize tenants, cancel rent, and stop evictions
- Housing Matters (@Housing360) News and research on how housing affects all aspects of our lives.
- Elizabeth Strojan (@ElizabethWisman) Tweets about affordable housing+community development.